Monday, October 22, 2012

Print Making

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
The overall composition of my print I think shows very well. There is an even balance between positive and negative space. The print is also clear and easy to make out what the animal is.
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added contrast to my print by using equality of positive and negative space. I don't think i added enough texture the way I should have. There was no where i though that I could add texture.
3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I used positive and negative space by using he black and red of the lady bug. I cut out all the spots and on the ladybug leaving just the body to be printed witht the ink.
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
The craftsmanship of my overall print I feel is pretty stong. There are no spots on the print where there should'nt have been ink and there was and the picture was very clear. The animal was also the dominant feature of the print so it is easy to tell what the print is of.
5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
I do not think I showed depth using different backgrounds. The ladybug is so up close that i didnt know what could have been a foreground and background other than a leaf. which is hard to show the texture to.
6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
I feel the obstacles were deciding what to cut out and what to leave. I feel like it would have been more successful if I had done it the other way around because the background would have been more noticable.

No comments:

Post a Comment